- Energy efficiency — no ducts, zoning capability and higher efficiency variable speed compressors
- Ease of installation — retrofits and room additions
- Comfort — higher heating supply air temperature and ability to solve comfort issues in problem areas
- Space — solution for limited access attics or where space is not available for a duct system
- Aesthetics — eliminate unsightly window units; flexible indoor design options such as wall hung or ceiling mounted
- Sound — quieter operation especially compared to window units
How it works
Ductless heat pumps, also known as mini-split or multi-split systems function much like traditional heat pumps. A ductless system, however, has one or more wall or ceiling mounted indoor units that are connected to an outside unit by refrigerant lines.